Hi everyone! I am officially in Chiang Mai and have had my first full day here. My conclusion of the day is "Everything is New." Let me explain:
New culture
New language (so confusing!)
New smells
New climate (can you say humidity?)
New people
New driving laws (or shall I say lack of driving laws? C.RA.ZY!)
New house (I move in tomorrow!)
New food (so far, so good!)
New currency
New dependence on God . . . I am out of my comfort zone for sure and am realizing my dependence upon Him is key (even though it should always be that way, this is kicking it into high gear! ;)
I am doing well but am exhausted and my laptop battery is about to die and I don't have the ability to charge it where I'm at right now. So, this is a short post, but a post nonetheless.
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and prayers. I am holding together okay but know that all this "new" will catch up with me and I'll have my moments where I'm not holding it together very well. Your prayers mean so much to me!
Hope you find something "New" in your day! :-)
5 comments:
Praying that you never loose that "newness" and awe of what God is doing and will do in your life over these next two years. So glad to be able to email and chat back and forth. Miss you bunches and will continue to pray for you. Thanks friend. So proud of you! Talk to you soon.
I can't tell you how proud we are of you! It takes so much courage to do what you are doing.....I envy you for that. ( I am such a "change" baby!!!!) But more importantly than anything........ how is the humidity affecting your hair??????
Love you lots!
Sawadeeka! I am sure you have already learned that one :) So excited for you girl. You will love Thailand and its people. And just get used to putting your hair up because humidity SUCKS! But you really get used to it.
From what I've read, the real challenge will come a few months down the road when all the newness kind of adds up and peaks for you. It seems to be a fairly well known phenomenon amongst people who move to new cultures. I surely envy that. It's something I've always wanted to do.
Love the pictures, it helps me so much right now! I am looking forward to many more!!!
Sending you much LOVE and many PRAYERS!
MOM
Post a Comment