One of the other teachers arrived last night and we are already starting to buy things for our home. I love that word. Home brings so much comfort to me. I am excited to start fresh . . . very fresh. We don't have a whole lot, but then again, we don't need a whole lot for the most part. There will be 2 houses of teachers. One will house 2 teachers and one will house 3. I am pretty sure Sarah and I will live together but there is the other house she has the option of looking at. I think the one we are in is the best, so I secretly hope she does too so we can start making our home a home.
I was proud of myself for assembling a fan yesterday. There were instructions . . . but all in Thai. Considering they have different symbols than us and all I know is "hi," "thank you," and "there is a boy under the table," I decided to go with the pictures. I felt very independent as I spent a couple hours by myself (before Sarah flew in) in my house cleaning and being all domestic :-). I learned about new sounds of the house and how the birds around are LOUD. There is also a lizzard that sounds like a bird but a talking one. It cracks me up.
I feel a peace from God as it's starting to sink in that I'm here for 2 years. Wow, I made that commitment? Hehe. I know God has me here for a reason, it's just a lot to take in and let's face it, I've only be here for 3 full days so I think it's okay that I don't have everything figured out yet.
Orientation starts next Monday, I'm excited to meet the other teachers and to dive in together. It's been nice having Sarah here too because we share similar questions and curiosity about what our lives will look like here.
I just wanted to give a little update. Sarah and I are watching Kirsten (Joel and Marvel's 4 year old) so I must go and play with sea otters and color. :-)
Love to all!
6.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you are starting to feel at home; that is His plan for you!
Although you are greatly missed there are many children that need your love and special touch right there!
I pray you and Sara continue to share thoughts and questions and that your frienship will strengthen so you can persevere through the rough times.
Happy rummage shopping! :-)
Love you, Mom
There's nothing like that peace in knowing you're exactly where God wants you! Keep hanging onto that and resist anything to the contrary! One thing that has helped us these past nine months is realizing that we are in the palm of God's hand in every situation. It was a huge source of comfort to us. I'm soooo excited for you! What an incredible adventure and I can't wait to hear more! :-) Luv ya girl!
Post a Comment