9.10.2010

In the Meantime

I have a lot of thoughts (believe it or not ;). Getting them organized and typed out in a readable fashion is the problem. I'm working on it. I know there hasn't been much to read on my blog in the past few weeks . . . so here are some pictures in the meantime (very random pics but some of my favs).


In May, our 1st Grade Thai teacher got married and we had the privilege to go to her village for the wedding. She and her husband are pictured above in their traditional dress (and me and my roomies too)

My 4th and 5th graders in their Thursday PE uniforms and stickers on their faces since they completed the required situps and pushups.

We were required to do home visits for all of our students. Above is me and my 5th grade Thai teacher partner at one of our student's homes with his mom (in the middle).

For my birthday, my student made me a Birthday card. "Smell it" is not a new insult or a new way to say happy birthday, but it is to be taken literally since the card was made on scented paper. :0)

For my birthday, my roomies took me to one of our favorite restaurants which is like a mini-jungle.

Mother's Day was last month in Thailand and we had a program for the students' mothers to celebrate.

Amy had 2 awesome friends visit in July. We got to do some of the sight seeing stuff with them. I hadn't ridden an elephant yet so I joined them. This is Sarah and I treating it as a roller coaster. I don't think our guide was as enthused as we were.

In June, we started working with a home/orphanage that houses 44 girls. We work with them a couple times a month and teach them English and love on them. This is one of my favorite things. I work with the girls between 15 and 20. This is me with a few of them after lesson.

Us on a dinner river cruise with Amy's friends. Left to right: Sarah, Emily, Me, Amy, Amanda.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Such a fun post, and reminder of such good memories. :)

Mommasita said...

Love all your random pictures!
Love and miss you!