Forrest Gump’s momma (or the writers of Forrest’s momma) really hit the nail on the head when they uttered the words “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.”
It really is true. Simple, yet true. Every day holds something new. It was this way when I was in the states and it’s the same here.
Granted, my box of chocolates in
To me, every day is like a piece of chocolate.
It’s a gift from God (even if we’re not super impressed with the flavor of each piece).
And what’s better to compare it to than chocolate – except for those of you who are allergic or don’t like chocolate – then I got nothing. All I have is the quote from the Office that comes to mind:
Michael Scott: “Y’know what, if I were allergic to dairy, I’d have to kill myself.”
I know his comment is crass, but it brings a chuckle and any time I can pull in a quote from Friends or The Office, I will :0).
So, I’m doing a series on this “Life is like a box of chocolates” idea. I’m going to share some of my experiences, stories and such of my life by summing them up into the different days I have here –
the different pieces of chocolate I bite into in a sense.
There are the pieces that make you smile because you found one of the best pieces and it’s like a treasure.
There are some pieces that make you want to spit it out and take it back to the maker and ask for a different box because clearly there’s something wrong with yours if there was a piece like that in your box.
There are pieces that are nutty and unexpected but at the end, you feel satisfied.
There are pieces that are tolerable; not especially exciting but you kind of expect them.
Etc.
So, bear with me as I go through this little themed series.
2 comments:
Such a good connection with the four types of chocolate. :) But now I want to eat chocolate. Oh well. Looking forward to reading more.
What do you think about when you bite into the Ghirardelli Caramel Latte? Or a Hershey's Kiss with Almonds? HUMMMMM Maybe your Momma? ;-)
Post a Comment