9.12.2010

A Need



The Short Story:
I need to buy a new laptop.

The Semi-Short story:

I bought a laptop about 6 months before coming to Thailand. I bought it with the extended warranty. This past spring, it died. Dead. I had a decision to make:


1. send it to the US and then have my family send it in for the warranty and then have them send it back (which may cost close to the worth of the computer) OR


2. forgo the warranty and take it somewhere here in Thailand to get it fixed.


I went with the second option. After MONTHS of a few shops here and a friend in the states searching for the part, the conclusion is: the part my laptop needs is impossible to get a hold of. Laptop will remain dead. No resurrection.

So, I am borrowing a loaner laptop from the school. The school has been gracious but I know that they need to laptop for projects and other things. Now that I know that my computer has no chance at survival, I have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a new one (it’s a HUGE resource for school, not to mention sanity for myself with keeping in contact with friends and family back home!).


My friend’s parents are coming to visit in about a month and they volunteered to bring the laptop out to me (so that I can buy one from the states which I would prefer over buying one here for various reasons).


I was hoping the one I bought right before coming would live. But it didn’t. So, I’ve mourned its death and I’m moving on. I’m trying to raise enough so that I don’t have to cut into my normal expenses. I have raised some already (thanks a TON – you know who you are!)!!!

I need to raise $400 more.


Please note, I HATE asking for financial support. Like really really hate it. However, I am humbled by those who give with loving and gracious hearts and are the reasons that I am able to live out here and be involved in the ministries that I’m involved in.


So, thanks in advance.

With a greatful heart and a dislike for technology at times, Brittany


if you give, please note on your donation that it's for "Brittany's Laptop Fund" to keep it separate. thanks!

No comments: