We kept on going, and kept striving toward the goal. There were times when we went to God, asking if we were on the right track and if not - that he would show us clearly one way or the other. When we did that, it's like he put his foot on the gas and things kept going.
Now fast forward to February reeewrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (yes, same sound as rewinding). We had our meeting with the ministry of education and they were very encouraging. There were a few things that they asked us to do before they could give us our license (things such as installing a sink in the science room, build a garden in the back so we can teach kids about agriculture, put up some extra fencing and gates, etc.). Within a week, we had fulfilled every request they had.
Now - fast forward a bit more to March - reeeewrrrrrrrrrrr. It took some time to finally receive our license in hand (I happened to already be back in the States for my 6 weeks home). However, on March 16th we received our license (aka our miracle)!!! This is HUGE! There have been many years of planning and preparation for this before I even became involved. God has been so faithful and has kept us persevering. This is a huge milestone in bringing hope to the children of Thailand!
Now fast forward one more time reeeewrrrrrrrrrrrr (yes, the last time you have to put up with that "noise" ;) to the week of May 17th. This past week was our first official week of school at “The School of Promise” in Hang Dong, Chiang Mai, Thailand!!!
We have 12 students enrolled total in grades 1,2,4 and 5. I know it doesn’t sound like many – but we’re starting something that no one else has in our area – a Christian school for Thai children. There are so many international schools but not many for the local community of Thailand where children can hear about Jesus. So, because it’s such a new concept, 12 students is a great way to start by building our credibility in the community. We are SO excited to have students!!! Here's a few pics from the first week.
I don't know exactly what constintutes a miracle. However, in my mind, us getting the license is a miracle. The reason I saw this is because I know that there is no possible way we could have gotten this far without God being our guide, giving us patience and perseverence when it just seemed easier to give up, and got us over every single obstacle that was staring us in the face threatening to shut the whole project down. So, "License = Miracle."
2 comments:
I am so proud to see you with your Thai students in a classroom after all the obstacles you all had to overcome in order to get there!
Keep leaning and trusting in Him.
Love you,
Mom
Britt,
It is so good to hear your testimony of God's faithfulness. I with your mom....very proud of you.
Love you,
Patti
Post a Comment