8.03.2009

Thoughts

- This is my 3rd blog post today but with limited interent access, I have to take advantage when I can :-)

- I walked into my room yesterday and caught a lizard sleeping in my bed . . . I tried to explain it’s welcome to stay on the walls but isn’t allowed to be in my sheets but it ran away before I could make sure it understood my wishes.

- I didn’t expect this country to be so hot. Can someone check the thermostat fo reelz?

- I hate mosquitoes.

- I didn’t expect to have a student who has pig tails and the sweetest smile and the best arm I’ve seen on a Thai girl as she chucked a pencil sharpner at the head of a boy in front of her. I didn’t expect my reactions to be 1. laughter (on the inside of course!) 2. wondering if Thailand has an Olympic softball team and 3. oh, that’s not acceptable behavior. I guess my reactions will be altered appropriately as I become a more mature teacher. Hehe

- I didn’t expect to enjoy taking daily showers without a hot water heater . . . I guess this coincides with the not expecting this country to be so hot comment.

- I hate red ants.

- I wasn’t expecting my student to pull out a packet of spices that you put in Thai Roman Noodle soup when I asked what he was hiding. Turns out it’s his idea of a treat . . . pours a bit in his hand and licks it up. Hmmm, I decided not to discipline him . . . if he wants to burn his tongue with spices, that’s his choice. LOL.

- When we drive down the road, I’m not surprised anymore to see an elephant being led alongside a main road

- I love praying and singing with the Thai teachers every morning before school.

- I hate mosquitoes and red ants.

- I love these children whom God has surrounded me with. This doesn’t mean they don’t test my patience daily . . . it just means I am developing a deep love that comes with forgiveness, discipline and adoration for these kids.

More random thoughts to come!

4 comments:

Cristy Gray said...

I absolutly loved seeing 3 posts; it's feast or famine with your access to internet!
Love you
MOM

Anonymous said...

This must mean that you didn't make your bed the day the lizard was in it? LOL

MOM.....oh, I signed in anonymously but I just gave myself away!

Come on now, did you think someone else would comment on the unmade bet? LOL JK

CAITLIN said...

Love hearing about and seeing pictures of your life there! Keep living fully in the moment. Love you!

rmjones911 said...

Hey Brit!

Sorry I haven't posted anything (I think). Its good to see you are still updating your blog. We hope you are being blessed and fulfilled and fighting off any lonely feelings. Tonya is 36W 1D so we are getting close and excited! Cait, Andrea and I just did Mt. Bierstadt, was a fun deal and Dre biffed it. The desire to play softball has waned without you, my friend! Adios!