7.05.2009

Introducing . . .

MY CLASS!

I am the English Teacher of the 4th Grade Class at Mars Hill (a school run by Hope International Schools). I have 8 students - 4 boys and 4 girls. One girl didn't want to be in the video . . . she was a little camera shy :-). I will post pictures of each later. I love my students. They are totally kids and not always doing exactly what I ask but I guess that's part of being a kid. It's also a challenge when I barely speak Thai and they are trying so hard to tell me something. They are doing really well though with 2 and 1/2 days of ALL English a week!!! They warm my heart and I can't wait to spend the whole year working with them. There will be tough times for sure (I already have had a couple ;) but it will be SO worth it. All the kids from our school come from foster homes or orphanages that they call children's homes (where they have House Parents). All the students have their own unique personalities, backgrounds, etc. I love it, I love it, I love it. Remind me I said that once I come back and say I had a really bad day at school! :-) Okay, with no further ado . . . "Hello America" is a little fuzzy but I took it the first day I taught and I think the light behind doesn't help. There will be MANY more stories/pictures/videos to come of them all. :-)


9 comments:

Chris Baker said...

Hello, Arm, Git, Bless, Boon, Pang, Ying, Quan and Dao. You've got a great teacher that loves and values you! Praying that you will be a blessing to her, and that she will be for you.

Your doing great and proud of you Brittany! So happy to read these updates! Praying for you.

-Chris

Cristy Gray said...

How fun to see your class and hear your voice! You and your children seem to be having fun already!!
I'm anxious to meet them all!
I'll be praying for each of them by name now.
Love,
MOM

Unknown said...

That is SO precious! Thanks for posting all these great updates. We miss you so much here! Praying for you sweetie...

Jenessa

Sarah said...

YAY! So glad we got to meet the kids you will be working with. You are already the best teacher ever, I can just tell. SO excited to follow you on this exciting journey.

LOVE YOU!!

rmjones911 said...

Hey Brit- just checking in. Everything looks great. We miss you and will be praying for you.

joan phillips said...

Happy Birthday Dear Brittany! I loved all the pictures! What a cute little one you were. Have a blessed day with all your little students! Love, Joanie

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday, B! Love, T

Patti said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! I am sorry you are far away but thankful you are able to you all your wonderful gifts.

I hope you have a GREAT birthday.

Love and Miss you,
Patti

Patti said...

I meant USE your gifts. HeHe! (I learned hehe from you.)