7.19.2009

A Few Pics

I have so many more pictures and will post more soon. I haven't taken a ton of pictures of the kids at the school because I am trying to be careful to make sure they see me as their teacher and not just as a friend who takes pictures of them all of the time. However, there should be upcoming opportunities where picture taking will be appropriate :-).

Joel and Marvel threw a surprise bday barty for Kalena. These are the 3 girls I live with. From left: Emily, Sarah and Misty.


At the 4th of July bash. Apparently I am very fond of Ronald McDonald. Not sure if it's his red hair, his makeup or his unique style of dressing. One will never know ;).



Eating . . . at Jerusalem Falafel in the middle of Chiang Mai. Haha.

Test driving our friends moped as we were trying to decide whether to purchase mopeds or a car. I think we have decided on a car but the moped is pretty fun . . . but then seeing how people drive here, it would be a bit scary.


Daniel is not dead, don't worry. Actually, I am taking his glasses off first before I turn him to his side in case he starts vomiting (hypothetically). At orientation, we had an all day First Aid and CPR training. I'm a pro now. I better not say that because if something does happen and I don't know what to do, I'll have to be held accountable to my "I'm a pro" statement. Scratch that, pretend I didn't say that.


This is not an inappropriate picture. The toilet seat is down. We are doing our laundry by hand. We generally do our laundry outside but we were desperate this particular evening so we decided the bathroom was a good as place as any.


I like this picture of Misty, Sarah and I. Sad that Emily isn't in it but she wasn't here yet :-(.

2 comments:

Chris Baker said...

Woohoo! The masses have been heard! (Ok your mom and me). Yea for pictures!

Love seeing these pictures. Ronald looks a little nervous there, must be shy of girls? Ah and such fun times. From riding the moped and doing laundry.

Hmm..is it January yet so I can see all this first hand?

Cristy Gray said...

Nice pictures!
Fun times in Thailand that's for sure.
MOM