11.13.2009

Dear Mom and Dad . . .

Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming to Thailand and visiting me!

Dad, thank you for all the work you did around the school while mom was traveling for work. Some of my fondest memories of the week when it was just the two of us is when we played basketball in the school parking lot. We played until our clothes were soaked with sweat and we could no longer breath. I love that you brought my softball glove so we could throw the ball around (even if we could only do it for 10 minutes before overheating, haha).
Proof that you worked, hehe.
Proof that WE worked. =)
Proof that we played.
Proof that you can't stay away from the Post Office even in Thailand.

I love that you both were willing to go to a festival where fire was being sent up into the air (and unsucessfully at times which resulted in screaming and ducking). Also, thank you for letting me hide behind the both of you as random people were setting off random fireworks and I was fearing for my life.

Thanks for not complaining that I exposed you to weird food. (even though dad didn't actually eat the squid on the stick, lol).
Thank you for allowing me to be your tour guide and indulging my wishes when I would come up with crazy ideas (like getting our feet cleaned by sucker fish or flying through the jungle like Tarzan).

At the Zoo.
Facial expressions at Fish Spa.
My feet at the fish spa . . . now you know why I'm making the face.
Orchid Garden
At the Elephant Camp
Visiting Doi Sakhet, Doi Pui, and the Bhubing Palace PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE notice the awesome baby pink capri pants my dad was asked to wear while touring the Palace Gardens. The fact that he actually liked them scares me a bit.
Jungle Flight
You know how you go to the Parade of Homes and and they make you wear those booties on your feet? Well, apparently the owners of Jungle Flight got an idea . . .
Night Market friends who sweet talked us into buying clothes. "Mr. Beal . . . doesn't your wife look beautiful in this?" lolOld Chiang Mai Cultural Dinner
"Getting our grub on" as dad said right as mom was taking this picture, thus my face.
Getting our coffe fill, talking, laughing and LOVING IT! Thank you mom for all the talks . . . you're the BESTEST!
I love that you can put actual faces and interactions with names that I give you (especially with my roommates and the people that I spend the most time with). (Please note not all important people in my life in Thailand are in the pics below! :-)

Am and Ooy
Roommates
Juday Family
C&MA Family

I love that you met the kids that I have fallen in love with and were able to hug them and see their smiles. I am so thankful I was able to share my life here with you.
I love you both more than I can ever express. I am so thankful for EVERYTHING. Thank you for the generous and loving people you are. Thank you for being such awesome examples for me. Thank you for inspiring me, encouraging me, and most of all - - - loving me. I miss you already!
All my love, your FeFe
p.s. videos will come when blogger decides I can post them =)

3 comments:

MOM and DAD said...

Thank you for being the best daughter and host ever! We had a fabulous time and treasure the time we had with you!!
I have to say you are becoming a bit "Asian!" You speak pretty good Thai, you drive with the best of them, you are cold in 90 degree weather when you eat ice, you eat true Asian food, ie Spicy Mango Salad, you wear jeans in 90 degree weather, you wear your hair down in 90 degree weather, you take your shoes off outside your own house, (which you never did at home)LOL! I could go on and on but what I really mean is that you are embracing your new home and culture and we are very proud of you. We loved our time with you and your roommates!
Love MOM & DAD

CAITLIN said...

It looks like you had such a great time!!! I can't wait to hear from your mama all about it. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Love you!!!

Billy and Cristy said...

Don't want to forget to mention that we also loved the time we spent with Joel & Marvel, your co-workers/teachers and all your Thai friends! They all made us feel so welcome and also showed us what Thailand is about!