I've decided to keep a list of things I'm thankful for (inspired by Ann Voskamp, author of "One Thousand Gifts"). I am challenged to embrace God's blessings (big or small, serious or silly) and reallly make a point of recognizing them especially during this 3rd year of living in Thailand. However, I think it's always easier to understand what is being said if there is a picture - so everything I list will have a picture to accompany. I started listing things as I came back to Thailand. Please note that there is no significant order nor have I even begun to scratch the things I am thankful for (because I could list every single family member and all of my amazing friends right away)! I will try to update my blog with my Thankful (in Pictures) posts every week or two!
1) Thankful for a reunion with roommates at the Bangkok airport after being apart for 7 weeks.
this pic is obviously not in the airport, but of Emily and Amy in South Africa :)
i.e. gas gage once told us when we were on empty and now tells us NOTHING, our seats were fine but since being "fixed" they have a ghetto lean (no extra charge for that!), etc.
3) Thankful that there is never a dull moment (even when I wish there was)
Amy and I pushing our car out of flood waters after it died in the middle of the flood.
4) Thankful for a Christmas giftcard for a pedicure to be redeemed right before school started!
5) Thankful to receive daily pics and/or videos of my adorable niece!
Amy and I pushing our car out of flood waters after it died in the middle of the flood.
we have 1st through 6th grade this year!
Which means we have 50 little feet, 50 little ears and eyes, 25 faces and 25 little hearts to teach, love on, and share Jesus with.
8) Thankful for the little boy who lives on our school property and brings a smile to my face constantly - especially with his stinkin awesome hat he's sporting.
Need I say more???

4 comments:
i just started reading one thousand gifts!! i'm thankful blogs that keep friends connected across the miles! love you and praying for you brittany!
I could say that I am thankful this is your last year away from home, BUT I WON'T SAY THAT!! LOL Instead I'll say that I'm thankful that you are seeking Christ in all you do! I love you, am incredibly proud of you and miss you each and every day!! Love, MOMMA
I'm thankful for you friend and the ways you make me laugh. Love ya!
LOVE 1000 Gifts! Suzy sent it to me for Mother's Day...it's been a blessing upon blessing for me in this season of life when I've purposed to focus on an attitude of gratitude.
It was great to see you in April...wish we could have chatted more.
blessings for your day,
esther F :)
Post a Comment