11.02.2010

The Final Piece - CARAMEL

This is my last post of my Chocolate Series.


I talked about the Nutty Piece.

I talked about the Piece I Just Don't Like.


Now is the final piece. The piece that I love. My favorite. The one that I hope for every time I open the box. The caramel piece. The piece that is everything I think a piece of chocolate should be. I discover that I found this precious piece, and it's often better than I remembered.
I have had a hard time thinking of specific stories. I know they are there. I added a couple links below for stories already written. I have a lot of stories on my heart that I want to share, but not sure they fit into the series. Maybe they do, but not sure so I'm going to post them separately. So bear with me as I become more general on my list below. But do know I intend on posting other significant stories SOON.

Here are some personal examples of when I have a piece (a day) like this . . .

1. When we first started our school last year (in the 1st location) and there was an "incident" in the bathroom. Every time I think of that little boy, I smile. To read that story (The Snake Story), click here. Caramel. That story is caramel.
~~~
2. When we got our license (to read about that - click here). The day that our school opened was a day of celebration after the year we had previously gone through. Caramel.
~~~
3. On days when something clicks. Something that God's been trying to teach me - and it finally sinks in. I feel the peace and the joy in knowing God's active in my life. My next post will be called "Teachah, YOU" - a story about an interaction between my student and myself and what parallels I drew to my relationship with God.
~~~
4. When prayers are answered. Days when I specifically see that God answered a prayer {whether the way I wanted it or not, big or small} - stuff with the school, needs (i.e. my computer - He provided what I needed), things back home, etc. Anything, everything. Ways He shows that He's in it. In my day. In my life. In my heart. Caramel.
~~~
5. The trip I took to a Chinese village on the border of Burma and Thailand a few weeks ago. (stories to come!)
~~~
The whole point of this series was to give you a little view into my days. Also, it's to express to you {and to me} that there are reasons that our boxes have variety. If EVERY piece I ever got was a piece of Caramel, I would eventually get tired of it - would be craving something different because if you always have ONLY THE BEST, you have nothing to compare it to and start to think "is this really the best?"
*
However, if you get a taste of the crazy, of the unexpected, of the disgusting - you start to appreciate every piece for what it is. Different. And a gift from God {even the disgusting, not pleasant, hard to swallow pieces}.
*
And so, I will end this series the way I began it:
" Wishing you a piece today that makes you thankful for the box, the maker, and the opportunity to taste the richness."

2 comments:

Emily said...

Good memories. Love ya!

MOM said...

You have such a way with words!!

Your visit at Christmas will be CARAMEL!

Love you,